Monday, August 2, 2010

Happy 60th, etc. !

GREETINGS!


On Saturday, July 31st, my husband, Ronnie, turned 60! It is nice to finally have him in the same "decade" as myself. I am over 5 years older than he, and so it does sound better to say he's 60 and I'm 65 rather than I'm 65 and he's 59! My cousin wanted to know if that made me a "cougar".............I don't think so. :) The pic of him was taken just before we left to go out for supper. That's one of the bright new shirts I got for him. I like it.

This sign marks the spot of our favorite restaurant in Muskogee -- The Rib Crib. They have absolutely the best wood smoked BBQ meats ever. Ronnie had the 3 meat combo platter with 2 sides of pulled pork and one of brisket, seasoned fries, cole slaw, toast, onion slices and iced tea. I had my favorite 2 meat combo platter of deep fried shrimp and pulled pork, with seasoned fries, cole slaw and those yummy dill pickles! Of course I couldn't eat it all, so Ronnie had even more pulled pork, which didn't hurt his feelings. Definitely not a diet meal, but soooooooo good. We had a great time and enjoyed a quiet celebration. Had fresh blackberry cobbler and ice cream at home instead of cake.

This flowering bush is part of the landscaping at The Rib Crib. It was so darned pretty I couldn't resist taking the picture. I'm not sure what it is, but I like it. My brother and his wife were supposed to go to supper with us, but just before time to leave he got a call from his work asking if he could take a load as one of the trucks broke down. Since it was (and is) so hot no work was getting done around here, they decided to take on the job. That meant they had to load the big truck with clothes and food, close down the 5th wheel, bathe the dogs and themselves, etc. And they had to be in Denver by 4:30 p.m. the next day. It was about 3:00 p.m. when they got the call, so there was not time to go to supper. They will go to Denver, then Portland, OR and then Toronto,Canada and then try for a load to Dallas or someplace close and come back here for another 2 weeks and finish up their vacation time off. Should be back in a couple weeks. The guys are hoping it will cool off enough to do some more work by then, but it really doesn't seem to be working out that way.

Today was 104 w/o heat index and the rest of the week is the same. I actually have a hard time breathing if I go out in this heat and humidity. I have a slight COPD problem from chronic bronchitis which doesn't help. We went for a ride in the Jeep on Sunday afternoon to get gas and I couldn't wait to get back home. Open air ride was not ideal in this weather!

I know the weather is very hot for a lot of you who read my blog, so I hope you are finding ways to "survive" and stay cool - er. Take care and God Bless.

3 comments:

carolina nana said...

YOU MADE ME HUNGRY WITH ALL THAT BBQ TALK. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR HUBBIE ,JULY 31ST IS A GOOD DAY !!!
BLESSINGS TO YOU

Sonja said...

Pass on belated birthday wishes for me! He looks great....for an old guy! ;) Love you!

Anonymous said...

Belated HB to Ronnie. I don't see how he waddled home after that enormous supper. Sounded good anyway. I know how to keep cool. I stay in air conditioning every minute I can. Love you, kay