Thursday, August 26, 2010

Girl's Day Out


Today was a really enjoyable day. Mary (sister in-law) came over about 10 a.m. and wanted to know if she could borrow my van to go to the laundromat and WalMart. Their flatbed pickup wouldn't hold all the water jugs and clothes and then groceries! Tom is going to make her a box to put on the back for this stuff, but that's in the future don't ya know! Anyway, I had been thinking that I should go with her and show her how to get to the town of Stigler, since she had never been there. And I thought I could use a day out and away. So we took off about 10:30 a.m.

Our first stop was about a mile and a half away from home to pick a bunch of hedge apples off a tree we spied. What a stroke of luck! Then a little ways further we stopped at my favorite spot, Creek Wood, and Mary took some panoramic pictures for me. I'll be posting one soon as she gets it to me via email. Can't wait for that!

Just outside of Porum we stopped to take pictures of this herd of buffalo. There was a momma with her baby that was so cute. Unfortunately, I wasn't close enough to get any good pictures with my little camera, but you get the idea. It was neat to see them. I'm sure Mary will send me some of her pics and I'll post one of them later. She is quite the photographer, and takes excellent pictures, and has a GOOD camera!

And then when we got to Stigler we pulled in to a gas station/food mart and asked if there was a laundromat in town; and the clerk said "right across the street!" Duh. So, we pulled into this lovely place below.

They sure make money on these machines! $2.00 to wash a regular size load, and 25cents for like 10 minutes of drying time. But the fun part was the entertainment! There was a woman and a little boy - 2 yrs. old - in there and I of course had to start talking to the little boy. I'm sure he knows no strangers! We talked and he would grab my hand and say c'mon and away we would go walking around the laundromat and looking in all the dryers. He loves tractors, big trucks and motorcycles. And here is the best part........his name. It's the first time I've ever heard this's Caliber, like of a gun. Come to find out, the woman was his grandma, and she didn't look near old enough to be one! What an interesting time we had.

Once the clothes were done we went to Sonic's and had lunch, then on to WalMart to get water and some groceries. All I needed was water, some more Niacin pills and a new toothbrush.........oh, and a loaf of French bread for supper. Mary needed a lot more stuff, and she is a shopper! After WalMart we stopped at Dollar General, looking for some small dish pans; no luck. Then home.

Mary made spaghetti sauce - a huge pot full - so we had a community supper again of spaghetti and French bread. I was still pretty full from Sonics, so it didn't take much to fill me up. Mary is 1/2 Italian , so the spaghetti was very good!

So, our day was full and fun. We got home about 4:00 p.m. and I still had last night's supper dishes to do! Got them done before tonight's supper - and now I have more to do. It's never ending!! I also called the Vet and Lobo is having his surgery in the morning. I have to have him there between 7:30 and 8:15 a.m. and then can pick him up at 4:00 p.m. I sure hope all goes well for the poor old guy! She is anxious to get the tumor out and I was very surprised at the schedule for tomorrow.

I think once in a while we all (us gals) need to have a day off and out. It helps to restore and refresh your being, and give you strength to keep up with the everyday things in life. I hope you all do it at some point...........I know some of you do it! Take care and God Bless.

1 comment:

carolina nana said...

Hope your dog's surgery goes well tomorrow. Sounds like you had a fun day.
Blessings to you