Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wednesday Already!

GREETINGS!

Remember a few days ago when I was posting pictures of abandoned houses? Well, I finally got to stop and take a picture of the one below, that is one of my favorites! I would dearly love to go inside this one and check it out. I can see an American Indian family living there at some point in time; and who knows why they had to leave. This house has a barn and a couple other outbuildings with it, and white cows graze in the pastures just to the right of it. I don't know if whoever owns the cattle owns the house now too or what. Very interesting. I love it. Anyway, just wanted to share it with you now since I missed having it in the right blog!



I awoke about 4 or 4:30 this morning, and since I knew I had to leave home around 7 a.m. to take my van in, I could not get back to sleep! So it's been a long day. We got the van in to the Ford garage on time and waited for the diagnosis; which was I need a new master cylinder. They did not have one in stock so they filled it with brake fluid and said they would find one and call me. And perhaps could find one other than a Ford product which would be less expensive. So off we went to WalMart to pick up some water and a few things. Then to a newly remodeled restaurant to have breakfast and see if it was as good as it used to be (it was maybe even better). Then home.

The phone rang about 2:30 p.m. and it was the garage. They had found a master cylinder for about $100 less than the Ford brand, but needed to get a serial number or something off the old one to insure getting the right one. And if we could bring the van back and leave it they would have it fixed by Friday. Soooooo, back in the van and back to Sallisaw (which is a 30 mile one way drive) again, with Ronnie following to give me a ride back home. We told them we needed the van back by Friday as Ronnie was leaving for Missouri on Saturday morning, and they will try to meet that deadline. Don't have a total yet, but probably around $300, which is better than I had feared.

So, that was our day. Once again I have to thank the Lord for looking out for us! What a good feeling! Take care and God Bless.

1 comment:

Grammyof13 said...

Been very busy, and haven't checked in lately. Notice you are still settling in. Love the old house pictures. In fact,I really love things like that period.

Blessings, and I agree it is a wonderfuling knowing the Lord is watching out for us.

Dois