Tuesday, August 10, 2010

HELP! I'M CROAKING

GREETINGS!

Fan #1, can face either into the kitchen our out into the front room.
Fan #2 was moved into my bedroom along with Fan #3. Why, you ask? Well, yesterday afternoon our air conditioner broke! I'm telling you, with the temps hovering around 103 it didn't take long for our mobile home to become an oven. It was very hard for me to breathe, and thank God we had the fans. Ronnie called our repair man and they said they were booked up until today and would be here around 10 a.m. Well, that came and went and they didn't show up. It was so bad in here that I went out to the van and started it up and turned the A/C on in it. The dogs and I sat in the van, with a book and ice water for about 3 hours. Finally, about 2:30 p.m. they showed up.

I am so grateful that it only cost $89 to fix it. I had visions of a huge bill, which would not be good since tomorrow morning I have to take my van in to the Ford garage to be fixed. The brake light keeps coming on and it's telling me the brake fluid is low! We keep filling it up and it keeps leaking out............and I'm hoping against hope that will be a fairly easy, inexpensive fix too. What with Ronnie's trip to Missouri coming this weekend, we need some extra money. Why do things always seem to happen at the same time?????

The heat is becoming unbearable. The weather tonight said it was going up to 104 and there was no change in sight. Sometimes in times like these, it is hard to be grateful for the good things.......we kind of overlook them. So I'm going to try my best to keep a positive, grateful attitude! Take care and God Bless!

1 comment:

Lorilee said...

I'm so glad your AC is working again. The heat is awful here too. Just the typical August heat. Makes us yearn for fall temps, but we usually have to wait til at least late October!
Blessings,
Lorilee