Tuesday, August 24, 2010



I took this picture yesterday evening, in the hopes the few clouds would bring us some rain. But alas, it was not to be! However, there is a cold front that has come into
Green Country and we are supposed to have a low tonight of around 64. With a high tomorrow in the mid 80's. That will be such a wonderful relief! The 100+ days have about done me in. I know it sounds crazy to call the mid 80's the result of a cold front, but that's the way it is!

You might remember a few blogs back when I posted my abandoned houses, this being my favorite. Well, I made myself stop by it the other day and take a picture with all the greenery in place for the summer (as opposed to nothing in the winter). Isn't it an amazing difference? Doesn't look quite so harsh and foreboding. (see below)

I know I'm kind of skipping around here tonight, but bear with me. Saturday was a busy day. I took Lobo (my old dog) in to the Vet because of the horribly bad odor coming from him. It was getting so bad I couldn't stand to be in the same room with him. Dr. Cindy cleaned out the anal gland which is a common thing to do, but also called me into the room to show me something else. Inside Lobo's mouth, kind of on his upper right gumline, was a huge tumor! She said it was ulcerated and that's what was causing the smell. It looked just horrible. She said it could be removed, but she couldn't guarantee that it wouldn't grow back even bigger than it is now, or that it might be cancer, but she would not give him chemo due to his age. She put him on antibiotics 2x a day and told me to decide what I wanted to do. So far the smell has abated (the meds must be helping) and he seems to have a little more pep in his step, but nothing else has changed. I have decided to have the tumor removed and see what happens from there. I can't really afford to do any more than that. So, I need to make that appointment. I just feel so sad about the whole thing. He is the best dog I've ever had and I hate to see him in such misery.

Then when we got home, we find that the air conditioning in my brother's 5th wheel is out! We called the man who takes care of ours and he managed to work Tom in and came out to have a look. Luckily, he was able to fix it and that was a blessing, as hot as it was. We did have to re-wire the line out to his place with a heavier wire tho. Haven't had any trouble since. So when we all got settled down, we had some 3 layer jello w/mandarin oranges that Mary had made and it hit the spot. Later we had watermelon and I had baked a yellow cake w/chocolate frosting so we had that even later! I guess we were either drowning our sorrows or celebrating the fixes!!

Went to church and Sunday school as usual on Sunday. I had missed last week due to Ronnie being in Missouri and my car being at the Ford garage, so it was nice to see everyone. My friend Judy brought me a present that she picked up at either a junk store or antique store or 2nd hand store and I love it. (See below) The red looks great in my kitchen. She also gave Ronnie a quart jar of some BBQ sauce she likes. She is such a sweetheart, and so thoughtful. Now I'll think of something to give her back! Maybe a loaf of zucchini bread or blackberry bread.

Well, I'm having some difficulty getting this done and keeping it, so had better close for tonight. To my daughter who wondered where I was because I didn't post last night, I hope this fills you up! Love you. Take care and God Bless.


carolina nana said...

I can relate to enjoying mid 80's temps. We are supposed to get some high 50's at night later this week,probably the same cold front you are waiting for.
So sad about your dog, maybe he will be lucky and it won't come back.
Have a blessed tomorrow

Sonja said...

Sorry to hear about Lobo. Hopefully, removing it will take care of it. I worry about you with that extreme heat/drought. I made pickled green beans today!