Friday, August 20, 2010

A Piece of Heaven On Earth









I wish one of two things: that I had a camera that took panoramic pictures or that I could somehow arrange these pictures in order, side by side, so you could see this property as a whole. As you look at them, it goes from right to left. In other words, the pond is on the right of the gate.

This place is about 1 1/2 miles as the crow flies from our place. I pass it when I go the long way to town. It is the most beautiful piece of land I've ever seen. Especially in the Spring, when everything is fresh and green, and maybe even damp. The name on the gate is Creek Wood. There is no house (that I can see) or animals on the land. It is just there, well taken care of and so inviting. It is the kind of place, that if I was the sort of person who wanted to scatter their ashes after cremation, this is where it/I would be.

It's amazing to me how I can become so attached to a piece of land that isn't even mine! I guess I only think of it as being God's. I dearly love it. I hope you all have a place like that, where you can just sit and look and dream and think and give thanks. Take care and God Bless.

No comments: