Monday, August 16, 2010

Getting Ready

GREETINGS!

Happy Monday everyone! Hope your weekend was relaxing and/or productive. Mine was both of those things. Ronnie left about 5:45 a.m. Saturday and woke me up to say goodbye. He had a couple hours drive to somewhere in Arkansas to his SASS shoot. Then he called me about 6:30 p.m. and was in Troy, Missouri. So he made really good time after leaving Arkansas about 2:00 p.m. He said he was on his way to our friends house (where the piano was) and would spend the night with them and go to church on Sunday. He absolutely loves to rub it in to me that he gets to see our dear church family in Troy! I hear everyone was surprised, glad to see him, and do want to see me too. I had 3 Facebook posts stating so. Made me feel a little better. :)

Anyway, I spent the weekend cleaning and de-cluttering, getting a place ready for the piano. I washed windows and mirrors, vacuumed, re-arranged furniture, etc. It was somewhat difficult getting it just right. I had to take Ronnie's glider rocker out of the front room, and one end table. Now the computer room is over-crowded!

This is the wall where the piano is going - right in the middle of it I think. Will cover up some of those so 1970's looking mirrors! I'm sure our front room will look a little smaller, but it will do. Patch may have to quit playing ball in it tho!

b
I also baked some zucchini bread from the zucchini I had to buy at the store! This picture is mostly for my girls, as they used to just love my zucchini bread when they were young. If you would come visit girls, you could have some --- and a big, cold, glass of milk! :) Oh, I did laundry too. So you see, it was a busy weekend. I even found time to read and watch television. The hard part was going to bed at night. I guess at 65+ I'm still afraid of the dark! I have to leave a light on in the living room all night, and the TV on in the bedroom, and have both dogs sleeping on the floor by the bed. And my little pistol at the ready! Every time Ronnie goes away for a few days I tell him that will be his last trip...........never seems to work that way though. I don't know where that blue b came from and can't get rid of it! So ignore it. LOL

Ronnie called about 1/2 hour ago from Big Creek, OK which is about a 2+ hour drive from home. I'm so anxious for him to get here..........and wondering how we are going to get the piano off the truck and in the house. Will fill you in on that tomorrow!
And happy birthday to my grandson Tucker who is 6 today! In the meantime, take care and God Bless.

1 comment:

carolina nana said...

Glad you made it through the weekend with no excitement while Ronnie was gone. Can't wait to see pics of that piano!
Blessings to you