Saturday, August 7, 2010

Is It Summer, or Fall?

GREETINGS!

These pictures are the reason for the heading of this blog. It is the first of August, the 7th to be exact, and the trees and brush are showing us some brilliant colors. Colors you would normally see in late September, October, etc. All due to lack of moisture, a.k.a. rain!







After taking the pictures of the "colors" on my way home from the church yesterday I was elated to take this picture of the dark clouds! Behold!! We had a good 15 minutes of rain right after I got in the house. I mean it poured! Hopefully it was enough to give the trees a drink. Especially our little "orchard" that's struggling to take hold. Oh! You can see the tree colors in my cloud shot too........cool.

I missed a couple days of blogging due to not feeling too well. I am having a bout with carbuncles or boils. I took a couple Benedryl and was wiped out! Went to bed very early. But am doing better now. I worked at The Closet at church this morning from 9 to Noon. We are usually open the last Saturday of each month, but put in an extra day today for school shoppers. I cannot believe how many people and children we served today! It is such a wonderful thing to be able to have these children and parents come shop and not have to pay. And our supply of clothes never seems to diminish. The Lord is working at the Closet for sure!

This is just a small portion of The Closet and the clothes we have to offer. We had 55 families come and partake of the closet, and the number of items given away number in the 1000's!

Well, that's all for today. Need to go fix some supper. Hope you all had a great weekend. I'll chat with you tomorrow. Take care and God bless.

No comments: