Friday, September 3, 2010

Treats & Stuff

GREETINGS!

On or about 8:00 p.m. every night, I take Lobo out to go potty - it's last call for the night. Patch is already outside, and Jax - the Cog - is in the house. After Lobo does his business I open the front door and he and Patch come charging in -- and before I can get in and close the door, they are sitting like this, waiting for the evening treat! And Jax is on the back of the chair waiting for his too. Funny how they know what time it is, because they don't do that any other time during the day when I take them out for a potty break! After they eat the treat, Patch and Jax go outside to spend the night. If people don't have a pet, they surely are missing something, don't you agree? They may be troublesome at times, but they are so worth it. I can't imagine being all alone and without a dog or cat.

This picture I took on the way home one day. It's a really big silo with the vines growing on it, and looks so "farmy" to me. Reminds me somewhat of my Aunt and Uncle's dairy farm with the silo. I don't think this one is used anymore, but it sure is a lovely landmark. Although, the people on that farm do have cattle so maybe......

Didn't do much today except the usual housework stuff. The weather was divine - you couldn't ask for anything better. We had a big thunder/lightening storm during the night, with some rain which was a relief. Today it was a mild 83ish, no humidity, a little breeze, and a sky the bluest blue color I've ever seen; and not a cloud to be seen. I remember my Grandmother used to say that if you could see enough blue in the sky to make a Dutchman a pair of pants it was going to be a good day. Well we could have clothed the entire Dutch population today! I loved it. But alas, no work on the porch!

Ronnie made Cobb salads for supper tonight and they were very good. Of course I couldn't eat all of mine, but I will have it for lunch tomorrow. Tom was outside grilling polish dogs to take in the big truck with them. They do most of their cooking/eating in the truck as it is much more cost effective. They have a microwave, crock pot, coffee pot, etc. and a good sized refrigerator w/freezer in the truck and that helps a lot. Mary went to Vian to the laundromat today, getting things ready for leaving on Sunday. Speaking of Vian, when we were there the other day I saw these 2 over-sized rocking chairs for sale out on the sidewalk. They were the kind you see on the porch at Cracker Barrel except they were plastic rather than wood. Anyway, I'm thinking I should have bought me one for the back porch! They were used, but looked fine, and being plastic they would weather well I think. I just might have to go back there tomorrow and check it out.

Well, another week has come to an end, and all is well. I hope you all have a great Labor Day Weekend. I'll "see" you next week. Take care and God Bless.

1 comment:

carolina nana said...

I agree I can't imagine life without some furry friends.
Have a blessed weekend