Monday, September 6, 2010

It's Almost Over

GREETINGS!

One day a few years ago I was doing up some laundry and getting ready to pack for a trip to Seattle to see my children. And when I went back into the laundry room this is what I found. I guess these guys didn't want to get left behind! They are so curious and funny. Anyway, just wanted to share that with you. I've been on a "look at older pictures" kick lately. Oh, only one of those 3 cats is still with us, and that's Jax of course! Our Cog.

My comment about it being almost over is for the Labor Day Weekend. I can so remember when I was a young stay at home Mom and we would go camping for the weekend; and when I was a working woman how we couldn't wait for the 3 day weekend, as well as any other holiday that came along; and NOW, I can't wait for it to be over so things get back to normal! I guess that comes with getting older, and every day is a holiday more or less. We stay home because we don't want to get caught in the "traffic" and mingle with lots of people. Isn't life funny?

So while we were staying at home this weekend, I made a really good fresh peach cobbler, spent time reading a really good book called Nebraska Legacy by Diann Mills, a Christian author. It's one of those 4 short stories in one book, but much better than some I've read. Each one is different in its own way. I so enjoy nice, clean books! Tom and Mary had some friends from Arkansas come visit on Saturday and Mary and I and Marilyn went to Vian to visit the 2nd hand stores. Mary wanted to get an old iron bench she saw the other day when her and I were out, and I wanted to get one of those big rocking chairs I had seen. Well guess what? Her bench had sold earlier that morning, and the store where my rocker was wasn't open. So don't know about it. They open tomorrow so I still might check it out. Anyway, we looked around and came back to the tea room in Gore and had lunch and the two of them found something to buy.

Tom and Mary left yesterday, early evening, as they have to be in San Francisco on Wednesday night. They are so looking forward to December when they can call it quits. I sure miss them. Goodbyes are always hard, even though we see them periodically. There is nothing like a big hug and kiss from a sibling, with an "I love you" and "drive safe" thrown in. We will stay in touch by phone and before you know it, December will be here and then the work and fun will begin!

Went to get in the car for church yesterday and noticed I had a flat tire on the Van. So we had to take the pickup, which wasn't that bad. Kind of bouncy though. Our message was how this country needs God back in government. But alas, no advice on how to accomplish that! Just pray a lot I guess. Take care and God Bless.

No comments: