Friday, September 17, 2010

Guess What This Is

GREETINGS!



This is another picture for my Pacific Northwest people. I doubt very much if they have ever seen this growing in a garden. Well, a couple of them might have, but most have not. I don't think it is grown in Washington state, at least not on the West side of the Mountains. I wish it would have turned out better, but maybe you can zoom in. Last year Ronnie and I were having anxiety attacks :) trying to figure out what it was. I don't know if you can see the white flower on the tops of the plants or not, but that is what was so strange to us.

When we went to pick up our Border Collie the people had a garden and this was growing in it, so we had the opportunity to ask what it was. Are you ready? IT'S OKRA! The white blooms turn in to the okra, and the more it blooms, the more okra you get. Amazing. This is one of the bigger plantings I've seen.......these people must absolutely LOVE okra!

We are leaving at 9 a.m. in the morning for Sallisaw and the electric co-op meeting. If you go and take the letter they sent, you get $20 of this months bill. Yahoo! We will need that, especially since Tom and Mary's A/C and electric in their 5th wheel runs on our meter! And there are about 2 weeks worth of that going to be on this month's bill.......expensive. Oh, and guess what else???? Ronnie actually started working on the back porch again today! Yay.

Hope you have a great weekend. Take care and God Bless.

1 comment:

Lorilee said...

I adore okra, but my guys won't eat it!
Blessings,
Lorilee