Monday, September 13, 2010

Busy Weekend

GREETINGS!


This is Saturday morning, around 8:15 a.m., and I was on my way to church to work in The Closet. These pictures are less than 1/2 mile from our driveway. There were 7 critters - 2 of whom were in our front yard a couple days before - trying to see if the grass is really greener on the other side of the fence! I didn't get pics of all 7, but trust me, they were there; walking along like they owned the place.
I don't know why I get such a kick out of seeing these critters outside of their fences, but I do. I guess I'm happy that they have managed to "escape" to freedom, even if just for a little while. I didn't see any more 'wildlife' as I continued in to Gore, but it's always an interesting drive.

I got to the church a few minutes before 9:00 a.m. and there were already people waiting to come in and shop. We were so busy all morning it was amazing. We also had the food bank up and going if anyone needed food; and we did give some out. The clothes went out in bunches! We were trying to clear out the summer stuff, so people were encouraged to take as much as they wanted. Ronnie came about Noon so we could go on to shopping for ourselves when my shift was over. As always, it was very fulfilling to see people who really need help get clothes and food just for the asking, so to speak.

This was the town of Gore's tribute to 9/11. It really was quite nice, especially when you consider the population is only 900. My photography could have been better, but you get the idea. It served it's purpose in reminding everyone of that tragic day, and honoring those who perished .

We went on to Muskogee and our first stop was Long John Silver's for lunch. It was great, and I brought half of mine home I was so full. Then on to Lowe's where I picked out some paint for my bedroom. It's called something Jade.........I hope I like it on the walls! Now I just need to get ambitious and paint. Also picked up some little dowel things to fix the top of my bargain island find from a week or so ago. Then to Orscheln's for a part for the bush hog, and then to WalMart for water and a few groceries. Ronnie got 3 new pairs of jeans too. Of course he wouldn't try them on, and Sunday morning he complained that only one of the pairs fit him! Do they ever listen?????

Sunday was church of course; and after that we met Tom and Mary down the road at Charlie Chicken for lunch. They were going through from Las Vegas to Durham, SC. They are on count down now to retirment - should be about 99 days or so now. All in all, it was a busy weekend, but enjoyable.


And this is how our Awesome God chose to end the weekend on Sunday evening.
Take care and God Bless.

No comments: