Wednesday, September 22, 2010

They're Baaaack!

GREETINGS!

I know yesterday I said I probably wouldn't post every day, but I just KNEW you'd want to hear this one! ha. About 4:15 a.m. this morning I heard what sounded like some lumber being dropped, or moved or something; I lay in bed awhile and then I hear another sound of something banging or dropping, so I decided to get up and look outside. Lo and behold, I open the back door and there are 4 cows happily munching grass right up by the trailer! They had been walking around bumping into and over things and not caring one whit! The moonlight showed them quite well, so I hollered at Patch to come and he did, and between my hollering and his barking and chasing them, they took off.
So back to bed I go, without much sleep success. Turn on TV and watch news, etc. Finally get up and make coffee and have some zucchini bread with it, and come here into the computer room to pass some time. About 7:30 a.m. I look out and lo and behold, there they are again.......munching on the grass in the back yard. So I call Patch again and he comes a runnin' and barkin' and chasin', and I stand on the porch and yell YEEHAAAA! GET A MOVE ON LITTLE DOGGIES!! And be darned if they didn't leave. How's that for some action in the morning?

This is just an old picture of one of them, so you don't forget. Wish I could get all 5 or 6 of them in one shot for you, but oh well. There are many, many cowpies like the one above in front and back yards, and hoof prints everywhere. I think the lumber sound I heard was they were over at Tom and Mary's walking on the boards they have down for a walk in front of their 5th wheel door, cause there sure are a lot of hoof prints around that.

But here's the good part........Ronnie went out "in the back 40" so to speak and found a limb down on the fence, which is where they are getting in I think, and he fixed it. So maybe that will solve the problem. Will no more in the morning!! I kind of hope it does, but I'll also kind of miss the action! ha ha

Thank the Lord for the fun I had today. Take care and God Bless.

No comments: