Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Good Day

GREETINGS!

I know you can't really see what this is - maybe you can zoom in - but it's a field of Alpacas! After getting my 10:30 a.m. haircut - which turned out fine by the way, nice to be short, short again - we went up in the hills to the place that sells the metal for roofing; and we passed this field of Alpacas. They are so cute! Anyway, had to get 2 more sheets of galvanized metal to finish the roof on the back porch. Now that's accomplished, it shouldn't be too long before the porch is DONE! HOORAY! I've been using it, but you know, there's still ladders and tools and screws and stuff laying on it and it's not really picture worthy yet. But shouldn't be long now!

While I was getting my haircut, Ronnie went to the store and picked up some canned dog food to mix with Salli's dry puppy food so she'll eat it, a flat iron steak for supper and some bananas and pork rinds?. Also had to put gas in the truck. One place its $1.55 a gal and $1.59 at another; could be worse I suppose. Oh, we also dumped our garbage. It seems no one does garbage service where we live - I think they would if I knew how to tell them where we live so they would understand - so we pay $9 a month to bring our garbage to a dumpster in town. Better than nothing I guess, and we usually go to town at least once a week, so it's working out. I burn all our paper stuff so we really wouldn't have to dump but once every 2 or 3 weeks, but it gets pretty smelly and crawly in this heat..........if you get my drift!

After getting home in time for All My Children and watching it of course, I decided to make a pumpkin pie......but all I had was sweetened condensed milk instead of evaporated milk so that was out. My cousin had sent me this recipe for an "apple upside down pie", so I made it since I'd bought all the stuff earlier this week. That's it in the picture, and if you think it looks good, you should taste it! YUMMIE!! It has a mix of butter, brown sugar and chopped pecans on the bottom and it is devine! If anyone wants the recipe let me know and I will post it.

Well, tonight is my favorite TV night - Gray's Anatomy - so I'd best get crackin'!
That's all I know. Take care and God Bless you with his grace.

1 comment:

Lorilee said...

That pie looks yummy! The cheapest gas in my town is $2.31!
Blessing,
Lorilee