Friday, October 29, 2010

Homestead Work

GREETINGS!

Yesterday was quite a day around here; they came to put in the septic and sewer line for my brother's place. They were here literally almost all day. These few pictures show the nice meadow that was torn up, the solid rock that had to be broken up that was a foot and a half thick, the trenches dug, pipe laid and finally the septic tank put in place. Who would ever guess it took so much work just to be able to go to the bathroom, take a shower, do dishes or wash clothes, etc.? The price we pay!

I know my brother is very excited about this getting done, as it really marks the beginning of making his "homestead" a reality. They only have 44 days and a wake up call before they retire and start working on the rest of their place. I sent Mary about 26 pictures and I'm sure she will post some of them on her blog, if you are following it.

That's all for today. Take care and God Bless.













No comments: