Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Typical Day

GREETINGS!

My morning started fairly early as we had to be at the doctor's office by 8:30 a.m. to get our flu shots. So it was up and in the shower before 7 a.m., feed the dogs and cat, and get Ronnie rousted out! We were home a little after 9 a.m. to we still had most of the day to do things.......like bake the rest of the chocolate chip cookies!

Before noon it was still a little below 60 degrees, and I was freezing! Had to put on my old corderoy(sp)big shirt and try to get warmed up. So I went out on the back porch and sat in the sun and cat napped. Got nice and warm too!


Ronnie finally hauled my little fireplace chimney over and set it up for me! I've been hinting for months now. After supper I went out and built a small fire in it just to see if it still worked, and it did. Can't wait until brother and wife get here and we can sit outside around the fire and visit. We'll need a fire in December when they get here! :) And by then the grass will have come back up through the dirt Ronnie spread around trying to level the yard some more. Talk about making for filthy, dusty dogs! Ronnie also was mowing the fields today, hopefully for the last time until Spring.

I found out last night that my youngest daughter has started posting to her blog again. It took me a while to catch up with her posts, but it's nice to have her back at it. Helps me keep up with her and the grandkids, as mine does for them. She is not too good about calling or staying in touch, so this takes the edge off that. It's not very personal, but at least I know what's going on! Sort of.

And that my friends was my day. I hope your's was productive. I thank God for this day. Take care and God Bless you with His grace.

1 comment:

carolina nana said...

mmmm THOSE COOKIES LOOK GOOD AND i NOTICE YOU FOUND ANOTHER USE FOR YOUR NEW DROP LEAF TABLE.
I 'M HOPING FOR SOME RAIN TO DAMPEN THINGS AROUND HERE SO I CAN HAVE A FIRE IN MY OUTSIDE CHIMNEY.
HAVE A BLESSED TOMORROW.