Monday, October 11, 2010

Oklahoma Wild Flowers

GREETINGS!

Saturday afternoon I decided to take a drive all by myself; I wanted to go to Vian, a little town about 18 miles down the road, to see if there was still an outdoor rocking chair I'd seen at one of the antique/second hand stores. It would make a great chair for the back porch, and I should have bought it a few weeks ago when I saw it! But alas! It was gone............however, I got to see some of God's gifts to us on the way, and was able to stop and take pictures. They lose some of their beauty in the pictures, but wild flowers are one of the reasons I have come to love Oklahoma. There is such an abundance of them, and these are just a few.


These are little, tiny white daisy type flowers and bigger yellow ones. I don't know the scientific names, but daisies works for me!









I call this Goldenrod, and I don't know if that's the real name or not. But is every where this time of the year. Very pretty.









The sun was shining so brightly that this picture is all washed out, but it is a field with tons of "Goldenrod" throughout. Very pretty in real life.










These are little lavender daisy type flowers. They were everywhere along side the road. Beautiful.




I know these pictures are not very colorful, and probably not very interesting to you all. But when I see them I can't help reflect on all the beautiful things God gives us. Perhaps if I had a really expensive camera it would be better, but hey! I enjoy just clicking away!

Until tomorrow, take care and God bless you with His Grace.

1 comment:

carolina nana said...

YOU HAVE THE EXACT SAME FLOWERS WE HAVE AT THIS TIME OF YEAR. I LOVE WILD FLOWERS.
HAVE A BLESSED TOMORROW