Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Sampling of Our "Visitors"


This little guy is my favorite! I call him Billy the Goat - duh! He is soooo cute, and you can't budge him, try as you will. He comes and goes in/on his own time. I don't know where he lives, but he's been over 2 or 3 times. I'd really like to keep him! Patch runs around him trying to "herd" him and he just lowers his head and tries to butt Patch! So funny to watch.

This guy is amazing! I think it's probably of the Moth family rather than a butterfly.......but I really don't know. I just know he was on the gate of the "girls" coop and was a good 3 or 4 inches across. Haven't seen another one, but he was good.

And this lady is our most frequent visitor......especially in the winter months. We have some green grass in the winter and she has found it. She is a free range horse and we don't know who she belongs to, but she makes herself at home. One day she brought 2 of her buddies with her! She eats all around the mobile home and it looks like you took a weed eater up close! Very neat. Since Spring came, we haven't seen much of her as grass is plentiful everywhere.

I have more pictures, but that's enough for tonight. It sure makes life interesting because you never know what's going to show up. There is a Brahma cow that comes once in awhile, but I've no picture of her. And tonight there was a Momma doe and her little fawn in the yard, but not long enough for a picture.

I hope your day was as relaxing as mine. I did finish the cupboard doors and get to hang them tomorrow. I'm excited about that. I hope God was good to you today, and that you take time to thank Him for all the wonderful things in your life. Take care and God Bless.

1 comment:

Leaon Mary said...

Ohmygosh, she's beautiful!!!
We've been hearing of people dumping horses around here too because the market went down and hay was so high. Crazy isn't it? Used to be, people dumped dogs, and now they dump horses! Poor things.

I know in many places they're wild mustangs, but lately ... not the case.