Friday, July 2, 2010

My Future Neighbor


Greetings on this Friday before the 4th of July! I'll give you 2 guesses as to what this picture is all about.

Three of these containers were delivered to our place today. They are 8 feet wide and 40 feet long and made of steel. They are the kind of containers that are used on cargo ships. My brother and his wife are going to make their "house" with them. They will be buried in the ground, welded together, plumbed and electrified and whatever else it takes to make a house out of them. They plan on doing this down at the other end of the property from us, so they will be neighbors, but not real close. Close enough that I will use their house as my tornado shelter!! though. :)

I think my sister-in-law is going to record the progress of making the house and post it on a blog, so that will be fun to watch. However, this won't start until mid-December when they quit driving over the road truck. Personally, I'm skeptical, but it will be interesting to see.

I hope you all have happy plans for the 4th of July, and that they are carried out safely. We are staying home and quietly Bar-B-Q-ing baby back ribs and fresh corn on the cob. Of course we will have watermelon and fresh blackberry cobbler too. Enjoy the weekend, say a prayer for our troops in battle who make the 4th possible,take care and God Bless.

2 comments:

Lorilee said...

Interesting! I would like to watch the progress too!
Blessings,
Lorilee

Leaon Mary said...

Hi Ardith!
I'm so happy to meet you. You know, when weather is bad in my neck of the woods, it's usually already come from your neck of the woods! I hear our weather man often say Muskogee!!

How interesting about the house! I can't wait to read more about it!
My dream has always been to buy an OLD train car and bring it here and use it for my craft studio. Reading about this ... has rekindled that in my heart! haha
My husband will THANK YOU for that. lolol
Happy 4th!
Lea