Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Just Cruisin'


Greetings From Green Country! I don't know why, but I'm having trouble posting my pictures again this evening. The picture at the top is my beloved 1974 Jeep CJ 5.

About 8 years ago our neighbor in Missouri had this Jeep for sale and I fell in love with it. So I talked my husband in to giving his old relic of an El Camino (unfinished) with my $500 for the Jeep! Since then, it has been a lot of fun. We only drive it during dry, sunny weather - summer mostly - because there is no top per se, or doors or windows. It is definitely a fair weather vehicle. And we mainly drive it on the old dirt/gravel country roads. Unless of course we have to go a little ways on a real road/street, like Ronnie drives it to church sometimes. Anyway, today we took some blackberries to my friend Judy and took the Jeep. We went on some awesome dirt roads and saw some great scenery. It's a grand way to cool off too. And the dogs love it. There is a little area behind the front seats where they can stand, sit or lay and feel the summer wind. Once and awhile we do have a problem with coming upon other dogs and Patch wanting to jump out and "defend" us! :)

When Ronnie trailered the Jeep down here to OK he had about 4 offers of people wanting to buy it. He told them he would be in big trouble if he sold his wife's Jeep. And besides, it was promised to my grand-daughter when she turned 16. That was when she was about 4 or 5, and she will be 13 this summer. And she has not forgotten!! But now, of course, I've reconsidered and don't think it's a good vehicle for a young girl. What shall I do? Cross that bridge when we get to it I suppose.

The bottom picture is of Patch and his new haircut. I told you we bought dog clippers the other day, and Ronnie has put them to use. Did a right good job too! Patch looks so much more "adult" and well groomed. That one haircut paid for the clippers too! Hopefully he will stay cleaner and better smelling and not shed much now.

Well, that's all for today. I hope your day was enjoyable. Take care and God Bless.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: