Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Rock Garden?

GREETINGS!

It's been a few days since I posted; that should tell you there's not a whole lot going on of interest up here atop Winter's Holler! The rain was horrible; we got approximately 14 inches in a couple of days. Very depressing.

Not to mention our road is still washed out and we have not seen any county road crews out to fix it. We got my van out one day, but then it rained some more and now I can't get it out. It's the pickup or 4 wheeler if you want out! Kind of cramps my style...........

Sunday we went to Checotah and stopped to visit with some friends. Kathy and I tromped around in her yard looking at her garden and flowers and getting soaking wet feet wise. But, she gave me a big bunch of Lemon Balm, and so that is what's in this little space. We divided it in half, hoping it would spread more. This area is nothing but cut down weeds and dirt, and I think it would be great to haul some of our huge boulders in and place them around in the open area behind the lemon balm and then plant different flowering plants amongst them. Make a real rock garden, instead of what I did here.


This is the same bed just a different hue with the sun I guess. Anyway, I found directions on line on how to dry the lemon balm for making tea. So that should be fun. It seems it (lemon balm) is good for a lot of things that ail you, i.e. (in)digestion;lowering blood pressure; easing stress and depression; etc. And it is safe to consume with other medicines. It is of the Mint family, and the lemony smell is great.

My friend Kathy likes to dry it and then says her house smells like she did some deep cleaning!

So, we have sunshine today and the rest of the week, with a 20% chance of rain a few days, but hopefully it will pass us by. The 80 temps will be much appreciated!

If I don't get on here again before the weekend, I hope all the Mother's have a great Day this Sunday. Try to take it easy. :) And thank God for giving you the opportunity to nurture. Sometimes I feel like I am not acknowledged by my children, but I know they have their own busy lives to contend with. What counts is that they are here on this earth!

Until next time, take care and God Bless.

No comments: