Monday, May 9, 2011

Hobby Lobby

GREETINGS!

Boy, what a great day we had Saturday! Went to Muskogee to do some shopping and really had a good time. Ronnie dropped me off at Hobby Lobby while he went on to Lowe's to get some oil and stuff to fix up my new "mower rider". Picture of that later. Anyway, I had never been to a Hobby Lobby store before, so it was really quite a treat! To my West Coast readers, it is a combination of a Ben Franklin and Michaels......only bigger!


This is one of the things I bought......purple flip flops and some beaded strips to decorate them with. BLING!!
What a fun thing; the flip flops were $1.54 and the beads were $3.99.....go figure! So now I have a pair of $5.50 flip flops.....nice.




If you look very, very closely, in the front middle tree you can almost see my string of bling hanging in the tree. It's orange and crystal hearts and beads about 3 feet long, and they just kind of blow in the wind like a mobile. Pretty cool!




And this is my Lemon Balm patch, which Ronnie finished putting stones around. I found that kind of funny, because I had purposely left it open in front so he could mow around it easier. Oh well, you can never figure men out. I got this orange pin wheel at Hobby Lobby too. They had some huge ones too. These things were on sale at 1/2 price.

I also got a big book of iron on embroidery transfers (my reason for going in the first place), some new embroidery thread, a glass jar, and some small craft paint brushes. Ronnie came in and he got a stick on alphabet pack. I'm telling you, you could spend hours in that store; I'll definitely have to go back...........alone. With lots of money!

So of course after leaving there I had to go to WalMart to buy some flour sack dish towels (10) so I have something to do. The things like that were way too expensive at Hobby Lobby. Probably much better quality, but also a much bigger price; like $18 for one dish towel! And after that we went to Applebee's for early supper. It was a good meal and we got sucked in to getting dessert. We had the 2 for $20 deal and we thought it included dessert (like most places do) and so when they asked if we wanted dessert we said sure. Well, it was not included and the "lava" chocolate cake and ice cream dish was $5.99!! We shared it and it was good, but we weren't sure it was $6.00 good. :)

All in all, it was a great afternoon. I wish there could be more days like that.
Until next time, take care and God Bless.

No comments: