Saturday, June 23, 2012

A Woman's Work is Never Done

GREETINGS!



Today is forcast for only 96, which it is right now.  Kind of warm to be doing this:






Another bushel of sweet corn = another 16 pints of canned corn, with a few ears held out for a supper or two.  I guess I should be thankful I'm doing it today instead of tomorrow when it's forcase to be 102 degrees!   So now I have a total of 32 pints for the winter - if they last that long!  :)   I think I'm grateful that the sweet corn season is over...............

Also started another batch of refrigerator pickles.  Brother says the cukes are about done so probably can't do any more pickles after this.  Ronnie picked our first tomato today; it was not quite ripe but is sitting in the window and will be ready soon.  He picked it because is was growing in to the stalk!
He also planted me some bush type string beans today.  Seems to be the only way I'll get any fresh beans.

That all I know for now.  Until next time take care and God bless you and yours.

No comments: