Monday, June 11, 2012

The May "Outing"

GREETINGS!

Looks like I'm lagging behind again!  Part of the problem is my camera; the on/off button sticks and sometimes I can't get it to go off, so I haven't taken many pictures.  This one is not very old either!  I may have to break down and buy another one.................

Anyway, on the last day of May - the 31st - GF Judy and I went on our monthly outing.  What a trip it was!  Here is a picture of my first purchase ..............


Here's the story.  It was kind of a cloudy day, and supposed to be only in the 70's; so I decided to wear my jeans, with tennis shoes and socks.  What a mistake that was!  After stopping in a wee, little town at a resale/gift shop, we got to a bigger town and went to one of our favorite shops looking around, then walked up the street to a "community" resale store.  By this time, it was at least in the 80's and humid, and I was sweating; I was soooo hot and miserable!  We scrounged around looking for shorts or capri's to fit me without any luck, but did find this pair of flip flops so I could shed the socks and tennies.

Finally, we made it to another resale shop where I found a pair of pink, cotton capri's, bought them and put them on then and there!  And wouldn't you know, they matched my shirt and flops!   I was finally somewhat comfortable.  So the day was kind of fun, looking through all kinds of clothes and resale shops and gift shops, etc. once I cooled off.

After that we had lunch at Reubens - an authentic Mexican restaurant - and enjoyed a nice meal.  I had a Chimichanga that was really good, with excellent guacamole and sour cream.

I think I'll dress more appropriately this month, and trust my intuition instead of the weather man.
Hope you all are having a good month - Summer will be here soon, so enjoy it.  Until next time, take care and God bless you and yours.

No comments: