Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Look Back At "The Move"

It was a busy day! Hubby left about 7 a.m. to go check out a friend's new property so I had the place to myself. After my morning routine of checking my email and making my scrabble plays, and playing a couple games of pinochle online it was shower time. Then time to paint some more. I'm redoing my kitchen cupboards and it is a slow and sometimes painful process. I have pics to post but think I'll wait until I'm done with the project. Today I had to literally lay on the kitchen floor to get the bottom area of the cupboards I was painting. Between that and sitting on the hard floor it was painful! My artificial hip and my other need an artificial hip did not like it at all! :) But, the 2nd coat was accomplished - one more to go and then I have the 4 drawers and 3 cupboard doors to do.

After doing that, and watching my soap - All My Children - hubby was home and we went to WalMart to do some shopping and to get some new cupboard door handles. It is a 30 mile drive to Wally World - one way - so it is usually a minimum of a 3 hour trip. We wanted to stop and have an early supper, but it was so hot - 100 degrees - we didn't dare leave the groceries in the car while we ate. Anyway, we got home, put things away and had a sandwich for supper! I did make a blackberry cobbler after supper and we'll have some of it before bedtime.

I thought I would share with you how we "lived" when we moved to Oklahoma. We packed up from Troy, Missouri and headed for Gore, OK on March 29, 2009. It was a rainy, stormy day with thunder and lightening toward evening which made driving exhausting. My husband was driving the pickup and pulling our 17 foot camp trailer, while I followed in my Van with 2 cats and the dog. We had gotten a late start, and with the bad weather we decided to stop in Souther Missouri for the night. Thank goodness!

Up early the next morning we loaded the animals and left. It is normally an 8 or 9 hour drive, but we were glad we took our time. We arrived in Gore early afternoon and found our new temporary "home". The RV Trailer Park. We lived for 3 months in that 17 foot trailer with 3 animals. And somehow made it through one of the wettest, windy-est, bad stormiest Springs OK has had in a long time - so they say. I know God was with us and kept me safe and sane! I told my husband I never wanted to set foot in that trailer or go camping again. And so far, a year later, I have not!

Enough rambling for today. I hope your day was all you hoped. Take care and God Bless.


Mary Robinson said...

Very nice blog, Teri. Glad you found something to keep you occupied til Tom and I get there and put you to work.

Love ya,


Grammyof13 said...

I am so glad you found me!! So that I could find you. Your move to what I consider the south will be much of a change from Washington. My daughter and her family live in Ochalata south of Bartlesville. I'm not sure where Gore is - we may be neighbors!! Can't imagine going 3 hours to walmart. I have two in my town and don't go at all unless it is ABSOLUTELY necessary.

Blessings and keep on blogging.