Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What's Your Sign?





Well, here we go again! I had a fairly productive day, as days go. Managed to do up last night's supper dishes before Noon and then watch my soap! :) Also put 2 more coats of paint on the inside of the cupboard doors I'm working on. I've made myself a promise that by Friday I would have them finished and ready for Ronnie to hand. He did hang one with new hardware today, and does it ever look nice. Can't wait for you to see the before and after pictures. Anyway, if I meet my goal then I'll only have 4 drawers to paint and by end of the following week I'll be all done! Well, with that part of the project.

So, how do you like my pictures today? These are the signs I have bought from various catalogs that I get. I am hooked on them.......and there are so many more I love, but alas, where would I put them all? Some of the others I like are:
It Is What It Is; When Pigs Fly; Jesus Knows Me, This I Love; Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass It's about learning to dance in the Rain; Begin each day with a Grateful Heart; Always Kiss Me Goodnight; Life is just better when I am with my dog; Love You More; and Be Nice or Leave.

One thing I have done, is to buy some flour sacks and embroider some of the sayings onto them and when I dry dishes I can see them. All you need is a dark lead pencil and print right on the cloth; embroider and wash and you're done. The pencil marks wash off. Give it a try. I love to embroider; I've done several sets of pillow cases, a luncheon cloth in cross stitch; and lots of dish towels. After awhile, you run out of people to give them too. My girls got some, but I think the stuff is too "old fashioned" for them, which is the drawing point for me!

One more thing before I go. Yesterday going to shopping I finally saw my first tarantula crossing the blacktop road........and I think I ran over it! Yay, 20 points. They seem to be out and about more this year, as last year we didn't see a one and so far this year we've seen 4 I think, and 3 of those in our yard. I'm okay with it as long as they stay outside! :)

That's all for tonight. Take care and God Bless.

1 comment:

Lorilee said...

Love your cat's name, Jax! I love to look at catalogs. I keep a little book of neat sayings from the various signs and t-shirts etc that they offer. I love your idea of embroidering them onto towels. I printed a favorite on the computer and framed it for my son's bathroom. "Ask not what your mother can do for you. Ask what you can do for your mother." I don't think he has read it yet (15 yrs. old).
The only sign I have hanging in my house is "Willkommen"(kitchen). I do have a little plaque on an easel that says "I cook with wine, and sometimes I put it in the food".