Thursday, December 15, 2011

My Crafts & Stuff

GREETINGS!

I thought I should share with you how I'm doing with my new "hobby". I'm a long way from hand quilting, but one step at a time I guess. These are a couple of potholders I made and gave to Kathy at Thanksgiving. The backs are faced with some denim from a pair of Ronnie's old jeans! How's that for being green?! :)


Sometimes I make then larger and use them for setting hot dishes on the table at supper time. I'm ready to graduate to table runners I think, and that's where my hand quilting will come in. I really don't know what I'm doing, but am trying to figure it out by trial and error. At least I'm getting more familiar with my little sewing machine. I can actually thread it without reading the book! ha

I got a notice in the mail that I'm getting a 3.6% raise on my Social Security check starting next month, so maybe I can afford a lesson or two in quilting. We'll see, don't know how far my $30 will go!

This is a jigsaw puzzle that we DID NOT finish putting together! It's a whole bunch of chickens and nothing else. Drove us nuts!


This is a puzzle we did finish. It was medium hard I'd say. Sorry if its a little out of focus.


I was in Dollar General the other day and went down the toy aisle. Lo and behold, I saw jigsaw puzzles! I bought 4 of them so we will be busy for quite awhile. I'm working on one now that is all different kinds of sea shells. Kind of hard but not as bad as the chickenss...........I don't think.

That's all I know for today. Until next time, take care and God Bless you.
I wonder if this big raise in SS means the bus will come sooner????!! See ya!

No comments: