Monday, December 19, 2011

Busy Saturday

GREETINGS!

This past Saturday was a great day. Ronnie went with his friend John to Fort Smith, Arkansas to a SASS shoot for the day; so I had time to do what ever I wanted! First thing I did was sit around and read for a few hours! I've now finished my latest book by my favorite author. I think it's the best one I've read so far; she is really great; Anne Rivers Siddon if you want to give her a try.

I finally decided it was time to make some Biscotti! It had been about 4 years since I made any, and my taste buds were working. The first phase looks like this. It bakes for 30 minutes and then cools for 10.


After the above cools for 10 minutes, you take a serrated knife and slice the slabs into these inidivdual biscotti. Then bake an additional 6 minutes; turn and bake 6 minutes more. Then cool completely.


Final step is to store them in the Biscotti jar by the coffee pot and hope you have enough willpower to leave them alone until morning coffee.......
or evening tea.


So, that's how my day went. I loved every minute of it too! Oh, I wanted to show you my new, hand picked, piece of Mistletoe! The trick is to drive around until you find a bunch low enought in a tree that you can reach! I don't know why this fascinates me so, but it does, and I love it!


That's all I know for now. Until next time, take care and may you take the time to recognize God's blessings to you. Chill out a little so you enjoy the Christmas season!

No comments: