Thursday, October 6, 2011

Apples - Hooray!

GREETINGS!

I have been having conniption fits over the lack of apples in Oklahoma! I have not seen one single apple tree in my area in over 2 years of looking. Now that may not seem strange to you all, but me being from Washington State where Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Gravensteins, etc. are a dime a dozen and every where you look, it is most frightening to find none!

Oh, you can buy apples at WalMart, but they are quite expensive right now, and not all that good. What to do????? Well, my friend Kathy has been going to Wisconsin to help her folks out and she said she would bring back some apples! So last week I got some wonderful MacIntosh apples from Wisconsin. She brought me 4 bags of them and I was a happy camper!!


This beautiful dish of apples turned in to a super good apple crisp -below.



And the peelings and cores went out in the field for the deer. Waste not want not you know! And we've been having 3 does and 2 fawns come into the yard and field almost every night around 6 p.m. Perfect!


So, I'm happy to say I still have apples left, and may try freezing some for future pies and such. Fall DEMANDS apple stuff!

Until next time, take care and God Bless.

No comments: