Friday, December 10, 2010

It's A Sepia World

GREETINGS!

Sunday as we were driving to church the sun was shining and it was a beautiful day. I noticed that where we were driving all the grass was rusty brown, which is common in Oklahoma in the winter, and the trees that still had some leaves were rusty brown also. The "colors" have long since passed. So between the grass, trees and fields there is nothing but a rusty brown, dark orangey color. And the sun was shining on it all and it was a sepia picture just like out of the 1800's photos. Amazing!

My pictures don't really capture all that true look and feeling, but you get the idea. Wish I'd had a camera with me on Sunday!



Take away the little bit of green and the white barn site, and you see SEPIA!
Some people see only bare, dead trees and leaves and feel depressed; but I prefer to see God's creations as a sepia photograph. And I know that in the blink of an eye - more or less- full color will be restored in the Spring. I think that's what will happen to me too when I pass from this world into God's. Does that make sense?



As I see it, everything has some beauty; you just have to look for it. :)



And this is about as bare naked as you can get! But you see, even this old tree is reaching up to the heavens! And it too will once again become dressed in green and furnish shade and be a home to birds, etc. in the blink of that eye.



I've had a really busy (?) day! My computer has been acting up so I spent a couple hours on the phone with the help desk installing and uninstalling programs and browsers and Java and Flash players, etc. All to no avail........I still can't get in to my POGO games! It insists there is a JAVA problem and if there is, we can't fix it from here! What to do??!! I need Mary to hurry up and get home - Tuesday can't get here fast enough!

Wednesday Ronnie had his appointment with the dermatologist and had more of the melanoma mole removed. It went well and it appears he doesn't have to go back for a year. That was good news. Then Thursday Salli had her appointment to be spayed. We picked her up and she piddled all over the Vet's office floor 3 or 4 times, threw up in the car on the way home and then threw up some more all evening in her crate. What a mess! But I felt so sorry for the poor little thing. I don't know if they gave her too much anesthetic or what. She is feeling better today and eating a little, so maybe she is on the mend.

Tomorrow I'm going shooting again with Ronnie on Rattlesnake Mtn. Look forward to visiting with my friend Kathy and eating her home made cookies and drinking coffee! Then afterward have to go in to Checotah and do some human and canine shopping. Will be a busy day.

Have a great weekend. Take care and God Bless.

No comments: