Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Greetings!

I have not posted since this past February.  Only excuse is that I couldn't figure out how to get in to the blog site after all kinds of changes with my server and Google Apps and stuff I don't understand!
So I can't really tell you how I stumbled in to the site, or if I will be able to do it again!  In the meantime, here are a few pictures.


Hey!  I got lucky and somehow got in to Picasa and got to load pictures!  This lovely one is from our trip to Branson last August!

 
This one is in Branson also.  A restaurant whose specialty is chicken I think!  Which reminds me of a chicken story of my own! 
 
I've been trying for about 4 years to have chickens of some sort.  I started out with 8 baby Guineas, got them full grown, and one by one at first, they started disappearing; then finally there were 3 and they were all taken at the same time, leaving me none!  So some time later I got some little chickens (4) from a neighbor;  waited patiently for them to grow and start laying eggs;  2 of them were killed by neighbor dogs; got 2 more and began the waiting game again!  They finally started laying and one day I left them outside the pen while I went to town and when I came back they were all dead!  My dog Salli decided to teach them a lesson for wandering I guess. End of eggs!!
 
Anyway, I then purchased 3 big white rock chickens and have been waiting for them to start laying.  Went out one morning and one was stretched out on the floor of the coop, deader than a door nail!  So that left me 2 to care for and wait on.  Went out one morning to feed and water them and they started crowing at me!  Yep, the chickens are ROOSTERS!  I could wait forever to get eggs from them!  :)   So what do you think?  Should I stop trying???  I'm ready to throw in the towel and put the 2 roosters in the pot!!
 
I think that's all for today.  I'm so glad I was able to get in here and post something!  I'll try it again in a day or two.  Until next time, take care.............
 



1 comment:

Grammyof13 said...

Girl it is so good to have you back. Love your reports from the farm. We love going to Branson on occasion. It would be difficult to go anywhere that required walking as my husband hugs his walker and gives out easily. I've ordered a wheel chair so maybe that would help some.

Keep encouraged and keep posting.
Blessings,
Grammyof16 Doris