Monday, July 2, 2012

The June "Outing"

GREETINGS!

Here it is July already, so I guess I'd better talk about the June outing my friend Judy and I did.


This was the sky on the morning I left to meet Judy; it was about 9:15 a.m.  Some places were luckly enough to get a few drops of rain, but not us.  We were going West to Checotah (home of Carrie Underwood) and the "rain" was in the East.  Needless to say, the sky didn't interfere with our plans!

I go to Checotah a lot to do my WalMart shopping and any farm supply/shopping I need to do at Atwoods.  However, I've never taken the time to look for interesting antique stores and such.  So that was our goal for the day.  And lo and behold, the first place we went in to was divine!  I think we spent 3 hours in there looking at all the "stuff".  It was called the Dusty Attic, and was choc full of good stuff.  It was a little pricey, but I guess it depended on how bad you wanted something as to whether you paid the price.  Since it was a booth rental type antique "mall" the owners of the booths were not there so you couldn't dicker the price for items.  :(

But I did find the Perfect rack/stand for my player piano rolls, and it is solid wood!


The amazing thing is that it folds completely up! Which was great for carrying it out to the van.


And here it is fully loaded!  It's a good thing I didn't have any more rolls, as they wouldn't have fit.  I think I have around 120 + rolls.  By using the rack, it cleared off 2 nice built in shelves at the opposite end of the living room.  Now I can use them for plants or knick knacks, etc.  I love it.

My other purchase was just a whimsical deal for $1.95!  Doesn't take much to make me happy at times!  And pinkie rings are fun......



After spending so much time in the Dusty Attic, we were thirsty and hungry!  So luckily, right across the street was June's Cafe.  It was a cute, quaint little restaurant and we had a great lunch and iced tea.  My mostly vegetarian friend ordered a side of brown beans, a piece of corn bread and a side of fried okra!  I had a really good chicken salad sandwich and chips.  Nothing fancy, but it was all good and really hit the spot as far as food and resting goes!

After lunch, we visited a shop next door to the cafe.  It had some antiques, some used items, some new items, some homemade items,  and a little bit of everything.  Very interesting.  But with that tour, we ended our day out.  We were both hot and tired!  But what a great day..........Can't wait for this month's outing!

Until next time, take care and God's Blessings to you and yours.

No comments: