Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Best 2-Fer Ever!

GREETINGS!

It seems a lot of the restaurants are doing the 2 meals for $20 or $25 thing.  Well Sunday, we drove to one of our favorite places in Ft.  Smith, Arkansas to partake of their offer of 2 for $25.00.


I want to tell you, if there is a participating Olive Garden near you, you should go while this special is on!  It is without a doubt the best food (and most reasonable) we've had for quite awhile.  First we each got to choose an appetizer:  I had my favorite Calamari and Ronnie had Ravioli stuffed with Portebello mushrooms.  Then we had all the salad and bread sticks we wanted - and we love their salad!  Then there was a menu of entrees to choose from:  I had spaghetti and meatballs and Ronnie had 4 cheese ravioli.  By the time the entree came around, I was full so only ate a small bit of my spaghetti; but I brought it home - with 2 bread sticks - and we ate it for lunch the next day.  They also asked if we wanted drinks to go!  What a wonderful dinner!  Oh, you can choose to share a dessert instead of having an appetizer if you wish --  but who would have room for dessert?!  With 2 iced teas our bill was $32.   Amazing.   Hats off to you Olive Garden............

And guess what?!  In August we are taking a mini-vacation and going to Branson for 4 days.  I can hardly wait.  Our tickets are reserved for a Saturday dinner train ride which goes down in to Arkansas and the Ozarks and for the  SundayYakof Smirnoff (sp) dinner show.  And reservations in a motel with pool!  And as a special thing, Ronnie will go shooting with a Sass club 2 mornings, giving me time alone to browse in shops, read, swim, whatever!  Gonna be fun!

Okay, that's all I know for now.  Until next time, take care and God bless you and yours.

No comments: