Friday, May 11, 2012

Arkansas Scenery

GREETINGS!

On one of our little road trips in to Clarksville, Arkansas I was amazed at all the rolling hills and mountains and all the greenery.  I took the following picture out of the car while we were moving, so it could be better, but you get the idea.  We were truly in the Ozark Mountains.  Beautiful!



Would you belive I had 3 or 4 pictures and now I can only find this one?!  Guess you can tell I'm still having trouble with this new blog/picture format.

It has been rather "cold" to me today, only in the middle 60's!  And a little bit of rain.  I wanted to go outside and do some more brush clearing but decided it wasn't a good day for it.  So Salli and I hopped in the car and went to Stigler.  I took the lid to my pressure canner in to the extension office to have the pressure gauge checked before I start doing any canning.  I ordered a new seal for the canner last week and it should be here in a day or so.  Anyway, my lid will be ready by next Friday or sooner, and they will call and let me know.  It's a 60 mile round trip, but worth it if we avoid botulism!  :)

Then we went to WalMart and I shopped for tomato plants.  I bought 3 different plants and a big bag of Miracle Grow soil.  One of them is my Cherokee Heirloom (purple) one and then a Better Girl and a Big Beef - I think it was.  I sure hope they grow fruit this year.  After last year and the drought and no tomatoes, we are soooooo ready for some this year.  So, 3 tomato plants and a bag of dirt = $22!!
Such is the good life...........

Also stopped by Shelton's grocery for some produce and ice cream.  They had strawberries, cukes, tomatoes and asparagus on sale so I couldn't resist.  And I'd been wanting ice cream for a long time.  Got a bucket of Neopolitan.  Oh boy, let the good times roll!  LOL

My cousin Kay in Alabama has been having quite a bout with different illnesses and headaches and they have caused her to lose a bunch of weight.  So, her being such a nice cousin, she sent me a box of clothes she can't wear any more.  I was able to keep probably half of what she sent, and my favorite is a pair of real jeans with a zipper and all!  Thank you cousin Kay, they are so much nicer than elastic waist jeans!  :) :)  ha ha ha  It's so strange how different people can wear the same size in some things and not others.  I guess it's all in how and where the weight is distributed!  Anyway, I am grateful.  What didn't fit I took down to the Mission so nothing went to waste!  And I think she is getting better, but it is a long slow process.

Well, Mother's Day is upon us this weekend.  I got a nice Mother's Day surprise in the mail the other day.  It's a laminated, multi-page, folding brochure (with pictures) of the flora and fauna and trees of Oklahoma.  My daughter had read my blog with the wild flower pictures where I didn't know what they were and thought the brochure would be handy.  And boy is it fun to have.  The other day we were going down the road and Ronnie made me stop  3  times so he could get out and pick a flower to compare it to the pictures and decide what it was!  Thank you daughter Sonja - again.  :)

I hope you all have a great Mother's Day.  I will surely miss my Mom more than usual.  Until next time, take care and God Bless you and yours.

No comments: