Monday, April 30, 2012

The Smell of Spring

GREETINGS! On one of my trips to a WalMart store last week I had the greatest sense of smelling Spring! It was a nice, warm 80's kind of day and I was driving with my window down of course. And the smell of sweet honeysuckle was so strong it was unbelieveable! You could see it alongside the road so there was no doubt that's what it was. And then a while later I had the smell of wild onions! Believe it or not, that's a good smell too.
And then there are the pastures full of these yellow flowers. I don't know if the cows like to eat them or not, but if they do they have a feast laid at their feet! It reminds me of the yellow buttercups I used to find on my Aunt and Uncle's dairy fields when I was young and used to spend summer days with them. Although, the butter cups weren't near as prolific as these little yellow guys!
Don't forget these little red/yellow dudes! I don't know what they are but I call then Indian Paintbrush. They really are pretty, and seem to grow almost anywhere. Gives the fields and roadsides a nice showing.
And as I was almost home, here was another turtle making his way across the road. It sure is the season for them! It's nothing to see 4 or 5 of them out and about this time of year. I love 'em! So, I hope you are getting to enjoy the smells and sights of Spring, and taking the time to appreciate where they come from - like who created them! :) Until next time, take care and God bless you and yours.

No comments: