Saturday, March 3, 2012

Civilization?

GREETINGS!

On making my way off the "hill" yesterday morning to do the weekly grocery shopping, I was very surprised to see this sign on the corner of our road!


This corner, about 1/4 mile from our driveway and where our mailbox is, previously had NO sign posted. We just knew it was County Road 1110 and 4420. This change is due to the coming of 911 in our area; which will mean new addresses and who knows what else! As to when it will come?.........who knows! The mail-lady said the signs are disappearing as quick as they are put up because people don't want the change! That's Okies for you I guess. One thing for sure, it will mess up people trying to find someplace using a GPS device!

So we thought we'd try a "new" restaurant for supper last night. This is in Warner, and it used to be only open on some weekends, but is now open all the time. I don't think we will be going back there! Food was edible, but nothing to write home about.........


While in WalMart yesterday looking for some material to make another table runner, for my cousin, I met a lady also material shopping. We started talking and before I knew it, over 1/2 hour had passed. She teaches quilting classes at a church in the town and was very friendly. She gave me her phone number and said if I ever had any questions to just give her a call! And if/when she starts another class she will call me. That sounds great, but don't know if I want to drive over 30 miles one way for a class! We'll see when the time comes. I did end up finding the material to use, and think it will be quite nice. Just be patient cousin Kay!

You know, the daffodils have been blooming for weeks now, and the Ornamental Pear trees are in full bloom too. They seem to be everywhere! They are beautiful, and I can't help wondering if they were people planted many years ago, or bird planted years ago! It creeps in to my head that there must have been a house close by every where I see a white, flowering tree, but that also seems impossible! I guess God puts those kind of things scattered around so we will always "wonder" of their origins and then realize it was God's planting all along.

Okay, I've got to go vacuum and finish up a load of laundry. Have a great weekend, and until next time take care and enjoy God's blessings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good day and found the material for my runner. I will try to be patient. Getting cold here today and we too have pear trees in bloom everywhere. MY daffodils are gone and my Japanese tulip is blooming. Crazy weather,