Monday, March 12, 2012

Spring?

GREETINGS!

I've been doing laundry most of the day, and in between loads working on quilting the table runner I'm making for my Alabama cousin. Now my fingers are sore and full of pricks - I should use a thimble, but I don't like them!

I called the place where I bought my new washing machine the other day to tell them it was not filling up right. I had in a large load and the tub was only half full. He called a repairman and the repairman called me and this is what he said: "I could come out and look at your machine, but I would tell you there was nothing wrong with it." He proceeded to tell me that the government has decided we need to save water and any washing machine purchased/built this year has these water saving features, and it doesn't matter what you do,you cannot change it. The machines also regulate how hot the wash water can be!! I had wondered why I had no hot water wash; thought something was wrong with the way the hoses were hooked up. So, here's the deal; if you want clean clothes you use much smaller loads than before - thereby using 2 or 3 times as much water as before. The way I see it, you are using MORE water AND electricity than before, unless you don't care and let the government dictate how you should do your laundry! I wonder which one of the crazy presidential candidates would like to debate that issue? Might be they know more about it than other worldly things! ha

This is Ronnie's garden so far! Radishes. At least they are popping up!


And this is the weather for this week. That should make those radishes grow!


And this is the wonderful blue, blue Oklahoma sky in today's 76 degrees!


I hope some, if not all of you, are enjoying some nice weather for a change. We still have tornado season coming next month, which I dread. I am so sorry for those who have recently experienced tornadoes. I wish I could be there to help you all through these difficult times. I pray for you and know that God will see you through.

That's all I know for now. Until next time, take care and God's blessings to you.

No comments: