Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Girl Friend Day

GREETINGS!

Wednesday already! I truly must be getting older, because the time is certainly going by faster! Yesterday was my monthly outing with my friend Judy. We had a great time; we met in the little town of Porum and she hopped in my Van and away we went to Stigler. One of Judy's husband's hobbies is building houses, and he is at the stage of finishing the latest one, so Judy had the job of pricing and picking out carpet and flooring. We went to a store that they have been patronizing for about 30+ years and got some samples for her to take home to show hubby.

Then for the BIG fun of the day; we went in to a little shop call Simply Unique and it was great! Full of wonderful costume jewelry - those huge bling rings and necklaces and watches, etc. - and various home decor items and best of all, my favorite thing - signs! Check these 2 that I bought out!

I saw this one and couldn't resist it. I've been having some inner conflicts about where my life is going recently, and this sign just seemed made for me!







And this one says it all! Guess I should have put it in a different spot so I didn't show up in the mirror though........











Judy bought one of those big bling rings that are the rage these days, and it really does look kind of neat. She also bought a big chartreuse (sp) green purse with some bling on it that was marked down. Really bright and cheery and Springy!

After shopping there we had to make a WalMart stop so she could buy a bathroom light fixture and some other stuff, and I needed to get my invisible ink pen for marking the quilting pattern on my runner. Once all our shopping was done we needed our lunch! So around 1 or 1:30 p.m. we went to Mazzio's, an Italian eatery. I'd not been in one before, but have wanted to for quite some time. There are quite a few of them in Oklahoma. It is a salad bar/pizza bar type place where you serve yourself. It was really quite good and it was great to sit down and get some more visiting in.

I love our monthly day out. Even though we see each other in church every Sunday, and we email during the week, there is nothing like being able to take our time and communicate with each other in a laid back way and do a little shopping if we want! Actual human contact is a rarity up here in the Oklahoma hills, so we do enjoy it when we get the chance to be together!

I hope you all spend some time with your friends on a regular basis. There is nothing like having a good friend who will listen to you and not judge you. All the cliche's you hear and see about best friends are true!!

That's all I know for now. Until next time, take care, God Bless you and call a friend!

No comments: