Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Rainy Day Doings

GREETINGS!

It was raining when I got out of bed this morning! Probably why I went back to sleep and didn't get up until 7 a.m. -- which is late for me! We haven't had a nice rain for quite awhile, so we enjoyed it.

At least most of us enjoyed it......they did too once they got in the house.


Not too much of a "mess" to deal with considering what we got!


And what we got was a nice chocolate bundt cake with chocolate frosting! Tried twice to post the picture, but blogger poster went on strike I guess.
Anyway, Ronnie couldn't wait for supper to be over so he could cut a piece. He went about 4 days without a dessert and I think he was having withdrawals! :)

I was motivated to clean the refrigerator inside today, so had Ronnie pull it out from the wall so I could get at the underneath of one of the vegetable crispers. The way the fridge sets, the door can't open far enough to pull the drawer all the way out. It felt good to get that done. Also emptied the plastic containers (3) of about an inch each of cereal that was months and months old and stale and no one was eating. Scrubbed them up and they are ready to go!

I wanted to share this thought with you too. I think it was titled "Passing Through". "Just beyond our last heartbeat lies eternity. That's where our Savior is pointing us. The path may not be clear to our eyes, but Jesus is leading us there with a steady and sure hand. Our part is to follow in obedience so that we may reach heaven and hear the Father say, "Well done." " So you see, we are just passing through this place called earth, on our way to the most wonderful place we can imagine.

That's all I know for now. Until next time, take care and God bless you.

No comments: