Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Blossoming Hobby!

GREETINGS!

My daughter finally got the potholders and hotdish pad I sent her, so I can show the picture now! See below.


The potholders are all machine done, but the larger hotdish pad is hand quilted. I think it's pretty cool. But wouldn't you know, after I was all finished I learned how it SHOULD be done so the tieoff knots don't show! Well I guess it's all about learning isn't it? I'm glad I know the right way to do it now. I'm sure my daughter won't hold it against me having a few knots on the underside of the pad! I really think I'm ready to tackle a table runner now.............. soon!

Yesterday we went to Fort Smith, Arkansas and had lunch at Olive Garden. My oldest daughter had sent us a gift certificate for Christmas so we were cashing in! Also went to a huge Hobby Lobby and spent the gift certificate I had for there. Once back in Oklahoma territory, we stopped at WalMart in Sallisaw and did our grocery shopping for the week. Since we have to go through there, it only made sense to kill two birds with one stone, so to speak! Again, we were tired out by evening.

That's all I know for now. Until next time, take care and God bless us all.

No comments: