Monday, November 4, 2013

Color Day

Greetings!

The other day I took my camera and went crazy taking pictures of the Fall colors.  But much to my dismay, the colors don't come out as bright and vivid in a picture as they do to the naked eye.  I suppose if I had an expensive camera they would, but my little point and shoot does what it can.


This is practically sitting at our driveway, looking down the STEEP hill and up the other side steep hill!  And down in the bottom, in the flat part, is Winter's Holler.  Our friend Bill lives in the holler, on the left, just passed the puddle you see, and raises "show chickens".  He supplied us with hens for egg laying at one point; has chickens running loose all over his place!  Anyway, the colors at the Holler are pretty bright and beautiful!



The three trees in gold and orange are in a pasture we pass on our way to Webbers Falls/Gore/I40 area.  They were beautiful also.


 
This great display of the reds is at the end of our driveway.  Mostly Sumac, and they provide the best red color in all the areas.
 
So, I have more but don't want to bore you.  We need to move on and start thinking about the big Thanksgiving feast!  Our friends Kathy and John invited us to their house for the feast -- this will be the 3rd year in a row we have gone there.  It is so nice to have friends like them (no blood family around) when you don't have blood family around, and there are always others there who have no family also.  Gives you the true meaning of Thanksgiving in my opinion.  And we always have more food than is necessary!  :)  Love it.
 
I know my children and grandchildren will have a big get-together and I wish them a grand time.
 
Until next time, take care.

No comments: