Monday, November 11, 2013

Laughter in the Kitchen

Greetings!

Happy Veterans Day to all those brave men and women who have served and are serving in our country's armed forces.  They are truly the most unselfish persons we will ever know; putting their lives in harms way to ensure our freedom!  I pray God will keep them safe.

Now, I want to share a good laugh with you.  Some time back I decided that making a full fledged cake was way too much for my husband and I, so I bought a couple of Jiffy cake mixes.  I thought a half a cake (or less)  would be just right; save us from eating cake for a week or more, not to mention all the calories.  

So the other day I decided to make one of those little devils!  And here it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
Now just in case you can't tell how "big" it is, check out the next picture!
 



I baked it in an 8 x 8 pan, so obviously it should have been thicker than that!  I'm telling you, we laughed so hard it hurt.

My advice is to check the expiration date on the box before you make one!  This one had expired more than a year ago, and it's no secret the leavening agents were kaput!

So we got brave, put some chocolate frosting on it, and had a "thin" piece.  Then it went into the garbage!  LOL LOL LOL  Oh well, it's always fun to have a good laugh!!

Until next time, take care.

No comments: