Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Finally Finished!

GREETINGS!

Well, after a few weeks of trial and error and sore fingers from making small stitches, my table runner is finally finished! I love it. I tried to take some pictures to show it off, but none of them turned out very good. They just don't show the true colors or details of my quilting. Must be the red material and my camera and the lighting don't mix. In any event, here is what I've got to show:

This picture the runner is folded in half, and I still should have made it about 8 inches longer for when my table is extended.l


This one shows the gingham backing I used, and you can see some of the detailed quilting. Today I've been toying with the idea of sewing some white buttons in the diamond of each color section and one in the center on the ends. I think I will!!


Since finishing this I've made a couple of oversized place mats for us to use at supper time. I made them wider and deeper so you can get your glass and plate and silverware all on them and not be crowded. Love it. I didn't quilt them, just sewed on the machine. Don't know what my next project will be, but I'm thinkin' on it!

That's all I know, so until next time take care and God Bless you.

No comments: