Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Doctor Day

GREETINGS!



I didn't zoom in on this picture of the colorful hill, but you can get the idea. It is still amazing to me that I don't have to take a "trip" to see the colors in the Fall! As we drove over to Arkansas mid-morning today, we were blessed to see all kinds of colors. There is just no end to them........until a big wind comes along!



Ronnie and I both had appointments with the dermatologist today. I was waaayy past due for my check up after having surgery on my nose for Squamous Cell cancer in 2007. This picture is after the surgery and during the healing process. I print it because I want everyone to be aware of how skin cancer can sneak up on you. It is so important to wear sunscreen whenever you go outside, and use other protection also. My cancer was the middle of the 3 in severity, so I was very lucky. My check up went well, had some pre-cancerous cells blasted with liquid nitrogen (which really burns and stings) and other than that it was good. I just thank the Lord I have not had any further occurrences.

Ronnie had a couple of wart things on his eyelids and they were starting to bother him, so the doctor removed those today. I was really surprised she did it today, but that was a good thing. He also had a mole type thing that he had scratched/picked at on his back and the doctor thought it looked cancerous so she cut that out also. I hope that has taught him to quite picking at things!!

All in all, we had a great day. The doctor's office was right by a Taco Bell, so we had lunch there before going in to the office, which was nice. Got home about 2:30 or so, and the "kids" were very happy about that! Made Stouffer's lasagna in the new microwave for supper. It's amazing how much faster it cooks than our old, little one. Have to watch Dancing With The Stars tonight and see who gets voted off. Getting down to the finals real soon. Will only be 4 couples left after tonight.

Hope you all had a great day. Take care and God Bless.

No comments: