Saturday, October 5, 2013

Welcome October!

Greetings!

Dang!  The pictures I wanted to post first I can't find!  I download them from my camera, name them, and then apparently don't name them good enough because I can't find them!  I know they are with other things, but can't remember what other things!  Oh well, they'll  pop up one of these days!  :)

In the meantime, we welcomed October with a new-to-us car; a 2011 Jeep Patriot.  I really like it, but it is much smaller than my old mini van and is white!  (I don't particularly like white vehicles)  I am still getting used to driving it, and I'm sure when the first payment is due in November I'll have second thoughts!!  It's been 4+ years with no payments and now we have to start all over again!  But, the poor old mini van - cira 2002 - was going down hill electronically, physically, etc. so we do what we have to do..............







I'm sure I'll learn to love this one as much as I did my van........just takes time..........

October is one of my favorite months -- the other being November.  I love the changing of the weather and the leaves, and the fall garden/fruit goodies, seeing the Persimmon trees loaded, the Walking Sticks on my windows, etc.  And last but not least, it is the month I will have a birthday in!  Yep, on the 22nd of October I will turn 69.  Maybe that number is what makes me gather these quotes:

"Do not regret growing older.  It is a privilege denied to many." ~ Unknown
"Old age isn't so bad when you consider the alternative." ~ Maurice Chevalier

And my favorite so far:  "Sometimes I think it would be easier to avoid old age, to die young, but then you'd never complete your life, would you?  You'd never wholly know you."   Any ideas what blond said that????    Ready?   ~~  Marilyn Monroe!

I think I hear a piece of fresh apple/pecan cake calling my name.  Have a good rest of the weekend.  Until next time, take care.

No comments: