Saturday, October 12, 2013

Just More Stuff

Greetings!

Well, I found the pictures I was looking for to put in my last post!  So here they are, and I'll say Welcome October again!


I know the shadows are bad and it's hard to tell what these are, but one is a witch (on left) and the other is a ghost!  I saw these cute little things in Dollar General for $1 each and couldn't resist!
 


That's the extent of my Halloween decorations!  Like, no one will see them anyway!!  LOL

Oh, and last post I did pics of my new Jeep; and now I have a pic of my new Jeep and my Old Jeep.  Which I kind of gave to hubby, but still enjoy our fair weather rides!  The "old Jeep" is a 1974 CJ 5, and we had the engine rebuilt this summer and new brakes and what with the other things already done, it should keep running for another 40 years!


 
 

 
 
A week or so ago we took a little road trip to Porter, OK to an Apple Orchard (and peaches too).  For 4 years I have been concerned that I never see an apple tree in a yard!  Coming from Washington state where apples are a main crop, it was hard for me to accept.  So I went on line and found some apple orchards.  This one was very nice, with a huge "market" area and mazes and stuff for kids.  I bought (I think) a 1/2 peck of Ruby-Jon apples - a sweet/tart apple, a 1/4 peck of peaches - the last picking, some onions, a cantelope, and a bottle of Honey Mustard dressing.
 

 
 


 

 

 
 
Well, the peaches are gone - husband ate them; the cantelope is gone, the onions are gone and with a few apples I had on hand, I froze enough for 3 apple cakes and 1 pie.  Pretty sad..........but it was a fun day trip and only cost $18 at the orchard; we stopped at Golden Corral for early supper on the way home.   And speaking of restaurants!  We found out that 2 of our favorites succumbed to fire!  The Rib Crib will open again soon, and our Mexican place is moving across the street from the old place,  and will open when redocorating is done!  We love to go out to eat as you can tell!
 
I also went to an art show in Checotah, where my friend Kathy was showing some of her art work.  That was very interesting; all kinds of photography, oil paintings, jewelry, wall hangings, etc.  She got orders to make some of her items -- kind of custom work I guess you would say.   So it was a good thing.  And, I went to my friend Judy's sister's funeral this past week.  That was a sad thing, but also a good thing.  Jo, the sister, had cancer of the pancreas and the journey was not long.  She was/is a strong Christian and I admire her handling of the situation.
 
Now, I think that brings my life up to date!  One more thing; I found this quote that I really, really like:  "I'm not where I need to be, but thank God I'm not where I used to be!"
 
Have a great weekend and I'll see you next time................

No comments: