Tuesday, October 22, 2013

My Day

Greetings!

This is my day to be egotistical!  Today I am 69 years old; or young, however you want to look at it!
I had a grand day, with 12 or more Birthday Wishes from friends and family on Facebook, and a telephone call from my #2 daughter.  That was a real treat, as we don't talk much on the phone any more.  AND, I had an early supper in Muskogee at the Rib Crib, one of our favorite places.  I had deep fried shrimp and pulled pork, with seasoned fries and cold slaw and iced tea;  it was/is my favorite meal there. 

The only sad part is I didn't make myself a birthday cake, so there will be no cake and ice cream tonight!  I do have some ice cream cups I could have with an animal cracker though!  :)  Oh!  One cool thing I did this morning was look through my Baby Book.  I found all sorts of old pictures of me from about 2 on up; one with my Grandma and Grandpa, which I dearly love; one with Santa Clause; and one sitting on a stuffed horse!  Also found that I was born at 6:16 p.m. on a Sunday (1944)


On the way home I stopped and took these pictures.  Someone did a bunch of clearing and brought these places in to view and I just love them.

 
This building is tin, with some concrete and electricity inside.  I have no clue what it was used for.
 


 
This building was a barn I'm sure, well worn and weathered.  These building were all covered with trees and underbrush up until a month or so ago.   So good job of clearing to whom ever!

So, that's the end of my special day.  I hope I have many more, but next year will be a big one for me!
And I thank God for giving me these years and all the blessings I have.

Until next time, take care.

No comments: