Saturday, August 17, 2013

Jackpot!

Greetings!

As I sit/sat here playing Turbo 21 on Pogo, and eating grapes, I thought I should write on my blog.  Especially since I haven't done so in a few days!  So here it goes.................

The jackpot is my new stash of T-shirts!  A couple of weeks ago I went to a used clothes closet and picked them up;  25 to be exact!   Brought them home and washed them and stacked them neatly in their bin!

 

 
 
And today I went there again and got 5 more!  So, with 30 shirts to cut up into strips I figure that will take at least 60 hours of my time.  It can take any where from 2 to 3 1/2 hours to cut a shirt, depending on the size.  And the BEST part is.............they were FREE!  And maybe, just maybe, I will get 2  rugs out of them.  Not big ones, but nice little throw rugs.
 
The closet is run by a church and is open the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of each month.  When I told them what I was looking for, they were glad because they had an over-abundance of men's T-shirts!  So it worked out for both of us.   I also got a pair of summer shoes today.  They have about 1 1/2 inch heels and are real comfy!


 
 
Oh, almost forgot. .....  This is my current project, a rug for in front of the kitchen sink.  It's just about done.  Then I suppose I have to start cutting........................................  :(
 



Well, the fixin's for my potato salad are waiting to be made up, so guess I'd better go start chopping.  Have a great weekend.  Until next time, take care.

No comments: