Monday, August 5, 2013

Flowers

Greetings!

Hope all is well with everyone on this hot, August Monday!  It was about 97 here with the heat index making it feel like 105.  And will be more of the same, if not worse, tomorrow.  Practically the whole state of Oklahoma is under a severe heat advisory until tomorrow night.  So drink lots of fluids and stay cool!

Now. the picture below (sorry I didn't get it centered good) is of the flower bed my husband made one day.  I was totally surprised!  These rocks (sandstone ) can be found all over the property, and don't need to be "cut" or shaped or anything.   Some of them are nice and flat and you just have to work with them and get them to stack!


He even went and bought two rose bushes and planted them.  One is a light pink and the other a darker pink.  Then my friend gave me a peony start - right side - and I bought some purple fountain grass -in the middle - which is standing way above the roses!  Behind the fountain grass is a yellow rose I bought.  It smells really nice, where the others don't smell much at all.  I love the fountain grass, and think I'll get some more ornamental grasses to put somewhere.

Oh, the white angel is made of iron or steel and painted white.  I've had it for several years, and it just fits into the flower bed.

The picture below is my orange hibiscus.   One time this summer it had 9 flowers all in bloom at the same time.  Then it took a couple 3 weeks off of blooming and I was worried.  But it's back in the swing of things now.  I had it in my screen room for awhile and I think it wasn't getting enough sun.  So back out to the edge of the porch and blooms!

 
 
So that's it for today.  Until next time, take care............and stay cool if you are in the heat!

No comments: