Wednesday, February 9, 2011

IT'S SNOWING AGAIN!!

GREETINGS!

When I went to bed last night the snow was practically all gone. You could actually see the grass and gravel and dirt! Patch had managed to get filthy dirty and required a bath.........things were getting back to normal.

This is what I woke up to this morning. This was about 7:30 a.m. - back yard.
We got about another 4 to 6 inches throughout the day.



And this is the "flock" of brown headed cowbirds, with a couple red winged blackbirds and other varieties thrown in, foraging for something to eat! Talk about telling your friends where to find food......we could fill the feeder 2 or 3 times a day and the suet cakes too. Poor things - ha! Most of these guys are too big for the feeder, but that doesn't stop them; they tip it and flick the feed to the ground.



And the above continues until this guy comes along! Then they all scatter and leave!
I don't know what Mr. Cardinal does, but he sure has the others buffaloed. (Mary took this and the following pics from her place this morning.)



And I can only assume that this is his wife - Mrs. Cardinal!



And this is Mr. & Mrs. Brown headed Cowbird! They are really pesty and prolific.
They will empty a bird feeder in a heart beat. Little pigs!



And this little cutie is a Purple Finch. Don't ask me why he's red........



So, that's the nature lesson for today. We are all going stir crazy. I am so ready for Summer to come. They say by Saturday it will start warming up and next week will be in the 60's. We'll see. I am grateful to God though for furnishing such subjects for me to fill my time with!

Take care and God Bless.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL Birds do talk to each other :) I'm reading Trumpet of the Swan to my youngest right now.
Love your pictures of birdies.